11 August 2012

Early days

I have spent the last two weeks in my new school. The learners return next week and I am still without a definitive timetable!

As a mini project, all learners will take part in a how to blog project. It is a culmination of an introduction to blogging that I wrote (adapted from some fab ideas found online, noted in the site) with some great ideas a new colleague has about learning who we are and how we express that in different contexts. It is great to be collaborating with an enthusiastic, intelligent and interesting teacher again and I am excited about the project. Interesting how things come out of adversity!

I am concerned about two things this year; one is the lack of IT at present which requires we to rethink my methodology - think I may explore IAuthor as an offline alternative - and the second is my PL for this year. I did want to focus on developing individual personalised rubrics, but I might need to train these learners up in co-constructing first as I did in my last school. I need to rethink my PL in the light of my new environment. Watch this space!