11 August 2012

PBLU

I have today, managed to sit around the pool and plan out a PBL project that ties in with the PBL University course I am doing at the moment. My thinking at present has directly related to the questions needed to be completed for assignments and so far, I have got 100% for them.

PBL seems like the perfect way for me to tie together the different elements of the different curriculums I have experienced in my years of teaching. It allows me to develop autonomous learners who are independent and learning critical thinking skills and who can collaborate and communicate to be successful. It ties together the co-construction I developed last year with the personalised learning and assessment rubrics I want to develop this year.

The project i am working on for this certification - hopefully, if I get approval - will see me get learners to market the school whilst learning about persuasion. I am really excited and have some great ideas that will lead to some brilliant learning - I just need to write the outline, map it to the curriculum and then approach school to be allowed to use the mission statement etc AND ask someone to participate to do my entry event - ideally, I would like the principal to come into my classroom to ask the learners directly, though a video, email or memo would work too as I know they are busy.